B Corp assessment evaluates a company's contribution to its employees’ financial security, health & safety, wellness, career development, and engagement & satisfaction. It measures aspects such as the pay disparity within the company from the top to the bottom - and topics including diversity, equity & inclusion.
Over 90% of our collection is sourced and woven in Portugal, where we have built solid relationships, from the outset, with our suppliers. Currently the other 10% of our fabric is sourced from Italy (Silk) and China (Hemp). These fabrics are shipped to our manufacturers in Portugal for make-up. Our Portuguese factories have predominantly female staff and uphold the highest standard of working ethics, including pay and rights.
We have a code of conduct in place for all external suppliers, holding everyone to contract when it comes to our ethical policies.
We pay regular visits to our Portuguese factories to ensure that the standards set in WNU’s code of conduct are being met. As well as this, we make sure that all of our fabric mills and manufacturers have been audited to allow full transparency into their sourcing and operational policies.
Our warehouse is located in East Sussex where our amazing team personally package each shirt to order, before sending it to you. The warehouse and its surrounding offices are powered by sustainable energy sources and 100% of all waste is either recycled or burned to produce electricity, nothing goes into landfill.
In 2022 we brought our embroidery process in-house, and this is now done by our team in Sussex. This not only increased the quality of the bespoke process but also cut our carbon emissions, by cutting out the shipments to an external embroidery company.